Programs Writers – Thank You!
On Thanksgiving, Life Hacker posted a list of programs that we can be thankful that someone or group of programs put together for us. To my way of thinking 20 some odd programs were a bit to much to look review. I cut the list down and added a couple of my own.
Each of the 13 programs (below with their links) is a program I use at least once a week, if not on a daily basis. They range from web browsers to antivirus software. There is even a suite of portable applications to put on your flash drive.
Look through then, there maybe some you can use.
- Firefox - The best web browser, but slow with all the usable plugins.
- Open Office - A free MS Office alternative.
- CCleaner - A neat little tool for clean dead and used files on your computer.
- Avast Antivirus - Great light antivirus program
- PhotoFiltre - My all time favorite graphic editing program.
- Chrome - New this year. Chrome has made its’ mark when it comes to web browsers.
- Skype - We scrapped our landline phone for Skype.
- TrueCrypt - Drive and file encryption program.
- FileZilla - When it comes to uploading files, and remote viewing of server files I use FileZilla.
- Notepad++ - Great light code editing program with neat features.
- PortableApps.com - The best suite of programs that can be access from my flash drive.
- Spybot Search & Destroy - In today’s world, an antivirus program is not enough. Spybot Search and Destory has been around for years doing a great job.
- KeePass - My favorite password manager.